never ending baby clothes

G'day all!

I am in baby clothes hell. No matter how hard I knit on this baby outfit, I don't seem to make much progress. Others moan about sleeve island and then break out the margueritas, I moan about baby clothes knit in 4 ply! :-D

Of course I am making progress. I have done most of the top - it needs to be seamed and have the neckband and crocheted tie done. (One day I'll learn how to crochet well enought that the chains are even and noice.) It may just be that my new fibre is calling to me and I really want to spin rather than make baby clothes. Or maybe I want to start the next summer top, now that I know I need the shapely tank to be a bit longer bodied. Then again, I might knit something out of 1,000 Sweaters because unlike many knitters I know, I am small enough to fit into the medium or large sizes! The largest size are 38"/97cm bust - that's not big by any means! Except for the three sack shaped things... Still it is an interesting book for getting ideas. Plus it shows you how to do different neck treatments, different sleeves, pockets, belts....

So whilst I knit the stripey bottom of the baby outfit (short legs, enough to cover the nappy, stripes to amuse me - they really are amusing me cos it is mint and cream and looks delicious!) I can think about the new summer top in Bendigo cotton. Hmm. Must send in my order for more cotton too. $10.50 for a 200g cone! That is fab value. I am going to get the cones because I don't have a swift or a ball winder. I have to use the back of a chair and wind centre-pull balls by hand. Slightly tedious, especially when we are looking at 1,000s of metres of cotton. White cotton. White cotton-wot-gets-grotty-if-trawled-all-over-the-floor (we do vacuum! With a top of the range Dyson, but the carpet in our rental house is getting rather sad).

Apparently this is me:
Knitting Adventurer
You appear to be a Knitting Adventurer.
You are through those knitting growing pains and
feeling more adventurous. You can follow a
standard pattern if it's not too complicated
and know where to go to get help. Maybe you've
started to experiment with different fibers and
you might be eyeing a book with a cool
technique you've never tried. Perhaps you
prefer to stick to other people's patterns but
you are trying to challenge yourself more.
Regardless of your preference, you are
continually trying to grow as a knitter, and as
well you should since your non-knitting friends
are probably dropping some serious hints, these
days.
http://marniemaclean.com


What Kind of Knitter Are You?
brought to you by Quizilla

Hmm. Well the baby bottoms sure are an adventure! I have the sizing from one pattern and the design from another pattern! Hopefully the twain shall meet!

Here's a picture from our adventure on Sunday. Cement Creek, place of many leeches, taken from the safety of the metal walkway through the rainforest. Yep, we have rainforest less than 100km from the centre of Melbourne. Have I ever mentioned how fab this city is? :-D


anon!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Your monthly blog post

Competition time!

Not a good post to read