Runaway train

G'day all!

Can any tell me where this year has gone? I was happily knitting away in winter, then started spinning on a hand spindle in spring and suddenly it is Christmas and I seem to have lost a year!

Just like everyone else it seems I am madly knitting in the leadup to Christmas. So far, I've only got two FOs to show for it - the diagonal scarf and the little black bag of bling that I made for my boss boss as her Kris Kringle.






And a closeup of the dragonfly button I used as a "clasp" and the stitch-work (mostly slip stitch on the coloured work). I dyed the yarns a while ago and have been itching to use them in something.






Tassin wasn't in on Friday. D'oh! I wanted everyone to see the little bag of BLING! I have strange ideas that maybe other people might want one too and might be willing to pay for one. I made Tassin's bag big enough to take a decent size wallet - most of the bags are just little things, big enough for an iPod or a mobile phone. Those ones are fun to make and don't take much time - an evening and they are pretty much done. Tassin's bag took about three evenings and several 23 minute train trips.

Heh. We went wassailing on Friday night. We went earlier than normal, which was good cos we could see the music this year (sunset is after 8:30pm here). As we wassailed around the block, this 3 or 4 year old boy went bolting past. Noone was bolting after him. So half the wassailers took off in hot pursuit and boy could that kid run! The rest of us waited. Then noone came along looking for him. He didn't like us singing. He didn't like anything. He wouldn't say what his name was and he wouldn't say where he lived - obviously he had been told not to talk to strangers. By now the he was getting pretty fractious, so one of my friends rang the police.

Turns out that he lives almost opposite the person who organised the wassailing. She thought it might be James but he wouldn't say that was his name and was pretty non-cooperative. He had been chasing a cat and did not appreciate being cut off in his pursuit of the cat. He was in the care of his Grandpa. James is a bit of an escape artist. He knows how to use keys and which key is for the front door. Grandpa had locked the front door and taken both sets of keys, but James knew where the extra special spare set of keys were, so he got them out and opened the front door to chase after the cat. Grandpa didn't notice cos he was changing the baby's nappy. Poor Grandpa was practically having a heart attack racing around the block looking for James with the baby in the pusher. The police had turned up when James had decided that maybe he would say where he lived. Grandpa's come racing back cos he met up with other wassailers who went around the block to see if someone was coming the other way. The copper's given Grandpa a grin and James a stern warning. James just tried to belt the door in so he could get inside. Totally unconcerned. Most of the adults were gobsmacked by his disregard for his own safety but what do you expect of a little boy who has just turned 4?

Better get me moving on the mother-in-law's scarf. Remind me to not knit things for people next year. Nathan's socks won't even be a sock before Christmas.

anon!

Comments

  1. I love your little black bag! Is the pattern one of your own?

    Is the Boobie scarf your making your mother the one from the mini issue of Knitty? I've been wondering how that would knit up.

    Suzi.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I enjoy getting comments but if I don't have your email address, I may not be able to reply 8-\

Popular posts from this blog

Your monthly blog post

Competition time!

Not a good post to read