Inspiration

G'day all!

Anyone got any inspiration they can spare?

I am madly knitting little mitred squares at present for this project, in honour of Kerstin's BiL. I have some less lurid handspun yarn and am knitting 10cm squares to sew up into a 20cm square. I admit I've only made one cos the first one got ripped after it was made - it was too big. But the second one is well under way now.

I reckon I might get back a bit of inspiration on Thursday when I go to a big craft fair. I've been warned that it is more a patchwork and scrapbooking fair but hey, the boss is letting me take a day of annual leave (should be flex but she won't let me work up any flex so I squander my A/L instead) and I am hoping to meet up with LisaG and show her some of my spinning and how it knits up. I'll probably be desperately disappointed but it is worth a shot.

Hokey kokey. Let's get onto tonight's real agenda.

I've been able to hand wind ball of yarn a ball of yarn much faster now I have this:





Woo hoo! (And didn't one of you say you needed one of these? It cost me a whole $29, including postage on ebay! In pounds sterling that is about 10 quid I think and about USD21. Gloat gloat gloat. Way to go me!) I love it. It looks so spindly and silly. I could've bought a nice wooden one for $100 but nah, thistledoo me :-)

I've been madly spinning again recently. Before Bendi I dyed up some of the superwash wool a kind stranger sent me:


and then I spun it up into this TWO PLY!:



I'm amazed how much pink there is in the spinning - I guess that is what you get with dark pink and white mixed. LOL. I tried to get away from my normal colours (pinks, blues, mauves and intense versions of these) and they still come back to haunt me!

I also dyed some in a lovely emerald green with a bit of teal (food dyes - green and blue):

and it is now spun as well.

Plus I spun some of the natural creamy white tops up. I want to make funky socks like Lynne Vogel makes (gee she has a nice name! She can even spell it properly!). I have the book, I have the inspiration (hey where'd that come from?) and I have the technology so let's get a move on!

Margaret Peel's Fibre supply is closing down. Dang. I buy Tracy's stuff through the handspinner's guild, but no longer. Here is some of hers that I spun up:



Note that this too has been spun as a two ply. The colour runs in it were too small for navajo plying. Plus the plant the skein is resting on is a Thryptomene FC Payne. This is THE best thryptomene I've ever owned. It is tough as old boots - no summer watering and it flowers from Markc or April through to October or November. It might flower longer if I watered it.

I'm unlikely to blog tomorrow night cos it is the monthly big SnB meeting - see you at Fresky's around 7pm!

anon!

Comments

  1. I have to say, I do love your handspuns. They're all so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:42 am

    Every time I read your posts, I overdose on all the beautiful colors!! Always bright and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow gorgeous handspuns!

    I was literally on my way to find a skein-holder on t'internet but I thought, no , I'll stop in on Yarnivorous first, and you have one! Spooky concicidence :-D I do really need one for the Colinette yarn, you should have seen the tangle we were trying to wind on Sunday. It took up valuable knitting time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous. I love those colors.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I enjoy getting comments but if I don't have your email address, I may not be able to reply 8-\

Popular posts from this blog

Your monthly blog post

Competition time!

Seattle Six