So long and thanks for all the fish

G'day all!

Happy solstice!

I doubt I'll be blogging until we get set up in the USA, or at least until I find a net cafe or something. We have the last minute panics happening - one of our house sitters moves in tomorrow, we have not cleaned out his room yet, my computer probably gets unplugged tomorrow and returned to its rightful owner, we have not cleaned out the house, only half the rooms are half cleaned.... I have not sent off all the paperwork that needs to be sent off or fixed all that sort of thing up yet, nor sent some mail to the USA that will keep me occupied for a while... nor gotten all our tax stuff together (our tax year ends in 9 days).

Some people are wondering what is happening with my yarn site. Welll, amongst the gazillion things I have to do tomorrow is take pictures of all the yarn that is not up on the website. I have labelled it all, plus some lovely tops I dyed, and it is all going to a friend to mail out to the lucky lucky buyer. (Thank you Peeved!) In return, Peeved gets extra special yarny treats from the USA!

(Amanda, you left a comment asking about the aran/worsted weight yarn on my site but I have no way to contact you - blogger has not recorded your email address and your comment was anonymous... I have to check if the yarn will felt, but I regret that it is low on my list of priorities at the moment....)

Thank you all for your good wishes. It will be a *very* grand adventure and I am looking forward to making new friends and seeing new sights and wools and yarns in the USA. It is just sorta hard leaving one's puddings behind - poor Nutmeg is very unhappy cos she knows what is happening. It makes me even more annoyed at the people who abandoned her when she was a young cat. It is also hard leaving friends, many of whom I've known for more than 20 years now, and hard leaving family, and the place where you've lived, the place you adore (except the traffic is getting AWFUL!). OK there is email and online chatting but sometimes you need to get together with people. So come and visit! We'll have a bed in a room for visitors. Eventually :-)

So for now it is tata until I see you on the flip side!

anon!

Comments

  1. Give me a holler when you are ready, I can aid the search for an Internet cafe. If you have laptop most of Old Town has free wi-fi too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Luck I shall be waiting to see how your fairing,and of course enjoy those Wool Shops filled with the goodies we ve been looking over here!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:30 pm

    Have a wonderful trip and make the most of your time there. I'll look forward to reading your news when you get back to blogging in the USA.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:32 pm

    You can tell I'm not at my best just now - it should have been 'Knitterly' not Kinitterly! Groan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:18 pm

    Lynn, we are all ready to welcome you to the USA. Have a safe trip. Welcome

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous10:42 pm

    See ya, Lynne,

    Have a wonderful adventure and take lots of happy snaps.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous3:38 am

    Happy travels. Can't wait for the update. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking forward to lots of stories about your 'very great adventure' not to mention lots of yarny goodness that we don't see here in the land of Oz.

    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous6:05 pm

    good luck..stay safe and enjoy!

    Look forward to hearing from you when you are there.

    Katt

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous7:30 pm

    Thinking of you as you make the big move. I look forward to hearing how it's going once you get your feet on the ground. Enjoy the journey. Jill.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, you are maybe already in Ft Collins! I'm sad that I missed you - but hopefully we'll connect while you're in the States!

    Kristi's a great guide to Ft Collins. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I enjoy getting comments but if I don't have your email address, I may not be able to reply 8-\

Popular posts from this blog

Your monthly blog post

Competition time!

Not a good post to read