Argh! Want! Colourful things!

G'day all!

You all know that I *love* love LOVE colourful stuff. If it is rainbow coloured, I am like a butterfly drawn to it. (If it is shiny and rainbow coloured, well I am almost beside myself).

So I've been knitting these socks in a yarn that will not be mentioned cos while it is lovely to knit with, mostly, it also has some flaws from the unusual material that makes up 30% of it. You saw the butterfly bow sock a week or so ago, and I would like to show you the new sock in a different pattern! Oh yes, a different pattern, which I think really helps highlight the luridness of the sock. So pretty!

Plus I have some new lurid yarn, indeed two skeins of happy yarn, that I am itching to cast on with, but I forgot to take photos of it before DH ran away with the camera last night. So now I am at a loss - I can neither show you the finished new sock, nor the new skeins of yarn that I have to play with. I don't want to wind the yarn before I get a shot of its happiness. I will just have to finish some other socks that have been hanging around for months!

So I've been cruising and I reallllllllly want to make something with Kauni mulitcolours, whether it be the Kauni cardigan or Astrid's knitalong top or the autumn leaves one (follow the links to online shop and the currency of your choice) or something!

Can anyone dissuade me from making these? I am sure they will be a disaster but jeez they might well be great on a bike, as long as I can deal with having a baggy butt and knees (but the butt will be covered by nice warm jumpers!). I'll substitute some angora blend yarn for the alpaca since alpaca makes me itch.

To entertain you despite the lack of pictures, I give you

links!



Amazing cakes! (two links)

Cousin hobbitses may be a different hominid species not just deformed Homo sapiens (sapiens).

BO detection is genetic!)

I want some of these tops and these

Pretty dresses! Gosh I like vintage clothes, pity I am a healthy sized current day female and can't fit into them.... and I'm an indifferent sewer who doesn't have a sewing machine here so I can't even buy fabric and Vogue/whoever patterns to make clothes with. Plus I ride a bike every day - hard to wear nice clothes on a bike!

Blogthings!



You Are Mint Green

Balanced and calm, you have mastered the philosophy of living well.
Your friends seek you out for support, and you are able to bring stability to chaotic situations.
You're very open and cheerful - and you feel like you have a lot of freedom in life.
Your future may hold any number of exciting things, and you're ready for all of them!


Godsakes, makes me sound like a goddess!

And especially for Purplexity:
You Are Bert

Extremely serious and a little eccentric, people find you loveable - even if you don't love them!

You are usually feeling: Logical - you rarely let your emotions rule you

You are famous for: Being smart, a total neat freak, and maybe just a little evil

How you life your life: With passion, even if your odd passions (like bottle caps and pigeons) are baffling to others


Hmm, am I really Bert? How can I be Bert and mint green at the same time? However Bert's obsessions with odd things is about right ;-)

Finally, happy Equinox to all! Those in the southern hemisphere are now racing towards summer whilst us in the northern hemisphere, well we are facing winter. Maybe that is why I want bright, colourful, shiny things!

anon!

Comments

  1. Anonymous8:31 pm

    I was listening to a report where they said they expect to find a lot of 'dead end' human types in the years to come. How very exciting!!! Yes, The Vernal Equinox, and then Summer. The extra light makes The Labradors wake up VER EARLY!!! Day Light Saving starts soon though. I am Bert too, but I am Olive green!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are Grass Green:
    Down to earth and a bit of a hippie, you are very into nature and the outdoors.
    You accept the world and people as they are. You don't try to change things.
    You are also very comfortable with yourself, flaws and all.
    Optimistic about the future, you feel like life is always getting better.

    and actually, i could see wearing those tights under jeans. if you're going to bike in the middle of winter in colorado, you're going to need it!

    and i may be at estes park festival next year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. About those tights/leggings or whatever they are. Two words: Chaffing. Felting. At the very least, tell me you're going to put a chamois in there. But really - wool, warmth, sweat, friction - not a happy sounding combination.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I enjoy getting comments but if I don't have your email address, I may not be able to reply 8-\

Popular posts from this blog

Your monthly blog post

Competition time!

Not a good post to read