Some Taos, since everyone is at Rhinebeck

G'day all!

Feeling very jealous of all those off to have fun at Rhinebeck. I'm not amongst them! Mebbe next year....

So I shall enthrall you with pics from the fibre festival at Taos.

Taos is host to a festival with probably about 60 vendors. Not all of them deal in fleece and yarn - some are weavers, some have ready made knitted or felted articles or sheepskins and so on. IMO there are too many alpaca and llama shepherds, but that is because I am jealous! I am allergic to those camelids, yep the ones that are hypoallergenic! (It isn't the first time I've come out in a rash to hypoallergenic stuff - I can't use Neutrogena for example.)

So whilst various bloggers are pushing their way through the crowds at Rhinebeck, I give you pictures to reflect upon at Taos:





(The tent on the left is the one where I did the most damage...)





I actually had to say, "Excuse me!" to someone at one point when I had to shove past them to get into a tent! The worst traffic was outside the fibre festival - Taos is NOT meant for lots of cars. The centre of town is a rabbit warren and there is not enough parking, whether or not you have to pay for it. And I wrote to three of the council department heads suggesting better toilet facilities are vastly needed....

anon!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Your monthly blog post

Competition time!

Not a good post to read