Holy cow!

G'day all!

Yesterday it seemed to be a little warm in the afternoon. Before I go out to get to the post office to pick up a parcel and send some off, I thought I would check the weather forecast.

Yikes! I am used to it being about 20C (low 70s), and I see this:

..EXCESSIVE HEAT WATCH IN EFFECT FROM THURSDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH
FRIDAY AFTERNOON

TODAY
MOSTLY SUNNY AND HOT. HIGHS IN THE MID TO UPPER 90S. NORTH
WINDS 5 TO 10 MPH
BECOMING NORTHWEST 5 TO 10 MPH IN THE AFTERNOON.

TONIGHT
MOSTLY CLEAR. LOWS IN THE UPPER 60S. NORTHWEST WINDS 10 TO
15 MPH
BECOMING NORTH AROUND 5 MPH AFTER MIDNIGHT.

THURSDAY
SUNNY. CONTINUED HOT. HIGHS AROUND 102. NORTH WINDS 5 TO
10 MPH.

THURSDAY NIGHT
CLEAR. LOWS IN THE LOWER 60S. SOUTHWEST WINDS
AROUND 5 MPH IN THE EVENING
BECOMING LIGHT.

FRIDAY
SUNNY. HIGHS IN THE UPPER 90S. LIGHT WINDS
BECOMING
WEST AROUND 10 MPH IN THE AFTERNOON.

Highs of 102 tomorrow! That is about 40C! Hmm, better make sure I water the plants both days - they will need it. So will I!

anon!

Comments

  1. Anonymous4:49 pm

    Welcome to summer weather... fortunately 1) high heat only last a couple of days and will head back to 30-ish, 2) humidity does down when heat goes up (-:

    As for water - yes, definitely water yourself. Shade is also good. Run errands before noon or wait a couple days until temps drop again.

    Also, box fans at night will keep you cooler during the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH my. Usually we are edging up there, but just mid 70's lately.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I enjoy getting comments but if I don't have your email address, I may not be able to reply 8-\

Popular posts from this blog

Your monthly blog post

Competition time!

Seattle Six