Cos I'm a follower

G'day all!

Everyone else is doing this, so why not me? I have some medical limitations to the sorts of foods I can have but if there is a GF/DF version I either have eaten it or would eat it, mostly. Except maybe not fugu and certainly not coffee and I'm not keen on bleeding meat either. So I'll put a GF/DF next to it if I am willing to give it a go in a form that won't give me problems for days!

1. Venison
2. Nettle tea
3. Huevos rancheros - it's just eggs and stuff - looks yummy when DH has it. GF/DF
4. Steak tartare ARGH! Raw meat! NO WAY! Can't stand bleeding meat.
5. Crocodile

6. Black pudding
7. Cheese fondue
8. Carp
9. Borscht
10. Baba ghanoush

11. Calamari
12. Pho (not too keen on raw meat but the soup should cook it a bit)
13. PB&J sandwich (GF and DF though)
14. Aloo gobi
15. Hot dog from a street cart

16. Epoisses I'd guess a pongy cow's milk cheese won't appeal even if it was GF
17. Black truffle
18. Fruit wine made from something other than grapes
19. Steamed pork buns
20. Pistachio ice cream

21. Heirloom tomatoes
22. Fresh wild berries
23. Foie gras NEVER again! Ack, horrid stuff
24. Rice and beans
25. Brawn, or head cheese

26. Raw Scotch Bonnet pepper - mebbe a little piece but not a whole one
27. Dulce de leche GF/DF
28. Oysters
29. Baklava (Both Greek and Persian)
30. Bagna cauda GF/DF even if the garlic half kills me.

31. Wasabi peas
32. Clam chowder in a sourdough bowl - would if I could! GF/DF
33. Salted lassi GF/DF
34. Sauerkraut
35. Root beer float root beer makes me feel ill and I'm guessing root beer with icecream will just exacerbate it

36. Cognac with a fat cigar - cigars are horrid
37. Clotted cream tea - GF/DF, may be hard to arrange
38. Vodka jelly
39. Gumbo- GF/DF
40. Oxtail

41. Curried goat - GF/DF
42. Whole insects - I'm guessing eating them accidentally doesn't count?
43. Phaal - well a little bit with a lot of rice and heaps of DF lassi... LOL
44. Goat’s milk - if it can be made dairy free! LOL
45. Malt whisky from a bottle worth £60/$120 or more if I could but it isn't GF and can't be GF

46. Fugu
47. Chicken tikka masala
48. Eel
49. Krispy Kreme original glazed doughnut - if GF/DF so I am guessing it is out, right?
50. Sea urchin

51. Prickly pear
52. Umeboshi
53. Abalone
54. Paneer - if DF!
55. McDonald’s Big Mac Meal

56. Spaetzle - GF/DF
57. Dirty gin martini - can I have the ingredients?
58. Beer above 8% ABV - GF
59. Poutine - GF/DF, may avoid the point...
60. Carob chips

61. S’mores - GF/DF
62. Sweetbreads - GF/DF
63. Kaolin - what, clay?
64. Currywurst - GF/DF
65. Durian - in the form of icecream - was yummy!

66. Frogs’ legs
67. Beignets, churros, elephant ears or funnel cake - GF/DF
68. Haggis - GF/DF
69. Fried plantain
70. Chitterlings, or andouillette - GF/DF

71. Gazpacho
72. Caviar and blini - GF/DF
73. Louche absinthe
74. Gjetost, or brunost - GF/DF
75. Roadkill

76. Baijiu - smelling it was enough to put me off. I think I tasted it despite my brain's best ideas...
77. Hostess Fruit Pie - GF/DF
78. Snail
79. Lapsang souchong - DH drinks it, do I really have to too?
80. Bellini (presumably a cocktail, not a family of painters - if the latter, no thanks!)

81. Tom yum Goong!
82. Eggs Benedict - GF/DF
83. Pocky - GF/DF
84. Tasting menu at a three-Michelin-star restaurant - GF/DF
85. Kobe beef - if cooked

86. Hare - if cooked
87. Goulash - GF/DF
88. Flowers
89. Horse - if cooked
90. Criollo chocolate - GF/DF

91. Spam - is spam GF/DF?
92. Soft shell crab - if cooked
93. Rose harissa
94. Catfish - if cooked
95. Mole poblano - GF/DF

96. Bagel and lox - GF/DF
97. Lobster Thermidor - GF/DF
98. Polenta
99. Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee can't deal with bitterness
100. Snake - if cooked

Golly, that is only 28 out of a hundred! And I started off so well too... Of course I could've had about another 30-40 if I was able to have dairy and gluten cos I've had the opportunity, but really? The aftermath is just not worthwhile, no matter what anyone says!

Gosh it feels better to get this meme done so I can go back to being an individual again...

anon!

Comments

  1. Speaking of gluten free - have you been into a Trader Joe's? Whenever I see that stuff I think of you. Thankfully, there is more and more of it out there, but I always think what a difficult thing that would be to live with. TJ's carries an exceptionally large selection of affordable GF foods. Whole Foods carries a fair bit too of course, but not always so cost effective.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I enjoy getting comments but if I don't have your email address, I may not be able to reply 8-\

Popular posts from this blog

Your monthly blog post

Competition time!

Seattle Six