Do you see what I see?

G'day all!

After not being able to count to two yesterday, today I started taking pics of the commissioned cardigan. I thought they could be some eye candy. Nice pictures showing the never ending stretches of stocking stitch before steam blocking:
cc_unblocked

And after steam blocking:
cc_blocked
(I now have an iron, bought mainly cos I can't do good sewing without one to press seams and stuff - fingers just were not cutting it!.)

Pics that showed the fashion shaping of the sleeve head.
cc_sleevehead

Umm, hang on a tick, let's look at that a little more closely.

Do you see what I see?

cc_sleeveheada

Crap, poo and bottom.

Someone decided to k2tog rather than ssk. Not just once, either. Nope she did it a few times.

I then discovered that yarn really unwrinkles well when held over a steaming kettle.

In other news, I've been doing a heap of dyeing recently. Lots of Kroy, which means I an do self-striping sock yarn and not have to charge $28 for it on Etsy. You guys will get to see it first, then it goes to Etsy. Not that I've sold anything there yet but one never knows... (which reminds me, must change my yarn labels to list the Etsy shop, not the one on DH's server).

Plus today I did my driving test. One point off cos I tapped the center line (that I couldn't see) when turning a corner. So soon I get a Californian Driver Licence. And I still have the Oz one. Woo hoo!

Now to get rid of a few links, I give you

Linkmania!



Everyone's seen the Eye of Mordor in space haven't they? If not, take a gander at it.

Some medicos are looking at a different way to treat schizophrenia.

Most of you won't have heard of him and will never have had the luck or joy of meeting him, but Dr Andrew Prentice, mathematician and rabble rouser, has been a character at my old alma mater for many years and is on the brink of retirement. He's a very funny chap - I met him over 20 years ago (!!!) when he happily demonstrated how his old black umbrella was broken (it shot itself off the stalk). If you do bother to follow the link, there's a further link to a heap of facebook quotes that are quite amusing.

If you like gloves, there are more amazing gloves on this page than you can poke a stick at! And it is only one page of many!

Emo chooks cry fowl

Want some happy news? Get yer happy news here.

Mmmm, meat cake!

100 words that we like to misspell.

And some crappy blogthings cos gosh I have waaaaay too many tabs open.




What Lynne Means



You are relaxed, chill, and very likely to go with the flow.

You are light hearted and accepting. You don't get worked up easily.

Well adjusted and incredibly happy, many people wonder what your secret to life is.



You are a free spirit, and you resent anyone who tries to fence you in.

You are unpredictable, adventurous, and always a little surprising.

You may miss out by not settling down, but you're too busy having fun to care.



You are very intuitive and wise. You understand the world better than most people.

You also have a very active imagination. You often get carried away with your thoughts.

You are prone to a little paranoia and jealousy. You sometimes go overboard in interpreting signals.



You are friendly, charming, and warm. You get along with almost everyone.

You work hard not to rock the boat. Your easy going attitude brings people together.

At times, you can be a little flaky and irresponsible. But for the important things, you pull it together.


(what a load of hogwash. But amusing anyway. And Lynne means a brook or a waterfall or the pool below a waterfall.)

Your rainbow is strongly shaded violet.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 

What is says about you: You are a creative person. You appreciate beauty and craftsmanship. You are patient and will keep trying to understand something until you've mastered it.

Find the colors of your rainbow at spacefem.com.

Uh yah. Ditto for the one below too

you are lavender
#E6E6FA

Your dominant hue is blue, making you a good friend who people love and trust. You're good in social situations and want to fit in. Just be careful not to compromise who you are to make them happy.

Your saturation level is very low - you have better things to do than jump headfirst into every little project. You make sure your actions are going to really accomplish something before you start because you hate wasting energy making everyone else think you're working.

Your outlook on life is bright. You see good things in situations where others may not be able to, and it frustrates you to see them get down on everything.
the spacefem.com html color quiz


Ok, I think that is waaaaaaay too much. So I bid you

anon!

Comments

  1. You sew so neatly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:32 am

    woo hoo!!!

    Now you can rent from U-Haul if you need to move again (-;
    (Let's hope not...cause as we both know, moving is a pain!)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I enjoy getting comments but if I don't have your email address, I may not be able to reply 8-\

Popular posts from this blog

Your monthly blog post

Competition time!

Seattle Six