Move along, move along

G'day all!

Not much happening here! I don't think I knitted a stitch after breakfast yesterday (and frogged what I was trying to make).

It is the Grand Panic Before Christmas time. I have a number of parcels to send off before I can sit down and rest and knit. I've been printing out photos for the family, writing up cards, working out what to send people... I have a folder full of pics from various of our travels to turn into stories, or at least label some, though the program I thought I would use is poxy and I don't like it.

I spent the weekend knitting up a bag in (Canadian) Patons' SWS. I've been told it felts well. I hoped to send the bag off before Christmas.

I'd show you the before and after pics but I forgot to take a before pic and it is too early to get good light at our apartment for the after pic.

Can we just say that SWS fulls very well indeed... The bag was over 40cm (16") in each direction. It took all of my knitting time, and more, on the weekend to knit. Not including the handles, it is now 20cm across at the widest point and 20cm deep (8" x 8") with a taper to the handles.

It shrank easily 50% when fulled! Argh! I wanted to make a bag for a woman who likes to carry a bit of stuff with her, but now I have a slim bag for a lady who carries hardly anything! It still looks pretty cute but it is not what I wanted to make. That will teach me to just chuck it in a pillow case and into the washing machine and let our vicious machine do its worst!

And I bought lining material and everything (eg bias tape, thread and a zipper). Guess it won't need so much lining!

In breaking news, Nathan's thesis is being submitted! HOORAY! It has been nearly 9 years in the making and needs special permission to be submitted cos it is a little late (by about four years). His supervisor said it is a first rate thesis that reflects considerable knowledge of the area studied. Guess who got the dedication? :-)

In other breaking news,
Which creature of the night are you?
Your Result: Cthulu Spawn
 

You are really an alien thing, aren't you? I can't describe you because you are beyond. We say "left field" and you say "Krn Grth Thchrang." You are the wild card of the bunch, the unknown quantity

Sorceror
 
Ghost
 
Demon
 
Vampire
 
Werewolf
 
Incubus/Succubus
 
Which creature of the night are you?
Quiz Created on GoToQuiz


Yay me! I always wanted to be Cthulhu spawn*. Having flaming eyes would be pretty funky, though I guess I wouldn't have much in the way of eyelashes, eyebrows or a fringe if they were real flames... I've danced with one of the Elder Gods at his son's wedding**.

I guess I'd better get back to writing simple web pages for these pictures to be displayed in in some sort of context. I could just burn CDs with the pics on them but it is much nicer when you know what the hell the pics mean and where they are. Otherwise they are just gibberish.

anon!

* Well mebbe not...
** What else do you call the parents of someone who has God in their surname?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Your monthly blog post

Competition time!

Seattle Six