New shoe surgery

G'day all!

The other day I just so happened to pick up some new shoes. Flat flat flat things. No heels at all (it is very funny when I put them on - I nearly keel over backwards cos every pair of shoes I have have some sort of heel, even if it is only 5mm, and these things don't!). Oh and cheap too cos I don't like spending lots on shoes that will end up on the bike and being scarred by the toe lifter things.

I thought the shoes were great, though it was a bit odd that they didn't have laces. But then again they were remaindered stock and a pair of shoe laces is easy to come by or make.

So I got out the little windy machine that makes i-cord and crunched out some shoe laces in left over Panda Silk (I figured the silk and nylon content would make the laces fairly resistant to wear and tear and rubbing).

Then I discovered this:
newshoe_stitched

The shoes are designed to have no laces! I couldn't get my fingernail under the lacing part!

newshoe

They have elastic to hold them on. But the elastic is not tight enough to hold the shoes on. And you can see the stitches starting too - elastic and stitches have arrows pointing to them.

newshoecut
So I got out the handy dandy scissors and went to work. See the stitches that I cut? They held the flappy bits down so the laces were useless but no longer!

newshoe_laced
One done, now for the next one!

newshoesyay
Yay for new shoes with funky laces! Even if I do fall over backwards when I first put them on.

:-)

anon!

Comments

  1. Great shoes, Lynne...I'm SO jealous! Aren't cheap shoes one of the wonders of living in California?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice shoe save.They are very spiffy. You have an i-cord machine???!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love what you've done with your shoes :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I enjoy getting comments but if I don't have your email address, I may not be able to reply 8-\

Popular posts from this blog

Your monthly blog post

Competition time!

Seattle Six