Knitty roo

G'day all!

I am very behind in posting stuff. Two weeks ago (*blush*), I received a tshirt from my friend Yarnhunter.

gifts_knittyroo

Isn't it appropriate for an Aussie knitter?

I've been mucking about a bit the last few days, trying to figure out what shawl to knit next for the 10 in 2010 challenge on Ravelry. I have enough handspun to knit another three shawls. Finding a good match between the yarn and the pattern is more difficult than I thought it would be. It is likely the chemo I'll be going onto in a few weeks time will affect my fingers - they will probably go numb and I won't be able to spin well or knit fine things. So I am spinning up more yarn and then wondering what shawls to knit with it. As for commercial laceweight yarn, umm, well blush I have a fair bit of that too :-) I am torn - make the 10 from 10 in my own handspun or make them out of a mix of my yarn and commercial stuff? Well see how we go. In the meantime, my queue is getting longer and longer, mostly so that I can find stuff again fairly easily.

I have a few new FOs to show off too, though I need good pics of them. For the first time in about two years, I did NOT knit a pair of socks in a month. Nowhere near! But I am not too fussed - two shawls, a pair of slippers, two hats... that is surely enough knitting!

My favourite sort of nut likes to sleep on the bed.

nut_pudding
Look at that fat belly! Trying to get weight off the cats is like finding hen's teeth. They are clinging ferociously to their fat.

nut_sleepingfang
Look at that little bit of fang showing itself in an otherwise happy face.

nut_toefluff
Look at the bit of fur stuck in that back claw! The Nut moults all year round. Nonstop. 24/7/365. At least I've pretty much stopped moulting too - only got a bit of fuzz left now!

anon!

Comments

  1. Now I am humming Knitty the bush kangaroo!! I love your kitty cat pictures: the little fang, the little tuft, the big belly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad it made it safely. Not sure how it will do in a house full of kitties that shed ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nutmeg makes me think of our lost tabby. She is lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I enjoy getting comments but if I don't have your email address, I may not be able to reply 8-\

Popular posts from this blog

Your monthly blog post

Competition time!

Not a good post to read