A new dress

G'day all!

I whipped this little number up for the craft fair I went to yesterday (and will go to again tomorrow 8-)

110623_dressfront

OK, it took me a fair whack of Sunday and Monday evening too (and I did a simple version without ruffles and as little contrast as possible), and a bit of Tuesday evening when I realised I had not edge stitched the sleeves... But anyway, it was done in time and washed and ironed and all.

110623_dressback

It is totally different from the clothes I see being worn around here and y'know what? I don't mind at all.

:-D

110623_dress3qfront

(I'd show you the secret inside the hem but I forgot to get DH to take a pic of it. Fabric is "Flora and Fauna.")

Yesterday I was sighing over how good other people's attempts at screen printing were compared to mine. Today? Mine looks pretty darned good :-)

110623_leavesprint

I was puzzling over the low quality of my phone's pictures today. See how little that picture is (if you click through to the full size)? That was a full size pic on the phone and it seemed rather odd at the time but the screen isn't that large (7cm by 9cm I guess) so I thought it was just me. I took that shot earlier on (obviously - that was taken in the sun). It seems that my phone has happily been pressing its own buttons, but now I know that it has a wide range of resolution settings. I hadn't actually explored that part of its settings, or another part that adjusts for things like sunset or fireworks, etc, etc. Guess I'll have to lock the thing so it can't go drawing on its own screen and changing the settings...

I'm back off to the quilt show tomorrow (craft fair). I am thinking I will do a couple more classes (one on an overlocked tote bag if I can make it in to the class) and look at the stuff I didn't get a chance to and oh, get some big rick rack to go with some fabric I have plans for. And see if anyone has cats eyes for toys. And the turner things to help turn soft-toys-in-progress inside out.

anon!

(PS no whining for the nonce! Had enough of whining, have put my big girl pants on and am getting over a sense of entitlement. Thanks for the encouragement!)

(PPS. Today was a few seconds longer than yesterday, and yesterday was part of a second longer than the shortest day. Hooray for the return of the sun!)

Comments

  1. Love the new dresss. Great colors and looks good on you. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was nice to come here, I do not know by what right link, I liked you, your dress, you know who also uses Ubuntu and hear the word quilt geek, kkkkk. You're funny, I know something here www.frawcraw.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was nice to come here, I do not know by what right link, I liked you, your dress, you know who also uses Ubuntu and hear the word quilt geek, kkkkk. You're funny, I know something here www.frawcraw.com

    sorry: translate

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh yay! You really look so gorgeous in that dress! I'm so envious that 1, I don't have the skills to make it and 2, I don't have the body shape to carry it off.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the dress. Who needs to wear what the "in crowd" are wearing? You're looking good there lady!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You looks so lovely wearing your new dress, the fabric is just beautiful!! I care not one jot about what other people think about what I wear. I wear green things and to hell with the naysayers, I say. Love your teatowel, you won't be washing up with it though, will you??

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a super new dress :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I enjoy getting comments but if I don't have your email address, I may not be able to reply 8-\

Popular posts from this blog

Your monthly blog post

Competition time!

Seattle Six