Eeek! July already!

G'day all!

I am surprised to find that it is July.  It does not feel like July - well it sorta does cos it was cold and grey and drizzling this morning, which is typical July weather.  For a place 8,000 miles away in the southern hemisphere that is....

I have been assured over and over that the weather will improve after the Fourth of July.  Over and over.

And lookie here:
Umm that would be later in the week...
This would be the next few days. Stupid blogger.
 The weather forecast, cribbed from Weather Underground with my phone.

I do rather think they might be fibbing but if they are not, good lord, I won't know what to do with myself.  I suspect I shall have to dig out my small hand fan I bought in Sydney, and I might even get to use the sunscreen I bought!  People say I don't need to use it but I beg to differ - apparently I can even fry myself this far north.  Even on days that only reach 25C.  I did it in May and early last month on a couple of sunny days.

I managed to clip off the last woven in ends and wash a top I finished in Sydney - I did not really see the point of having it ready to wear when there was no way I could wear it and not freeze.  But it is now done and is ready for me to gallivant around in.

You have no idea how hard it was to not get flabby wrinkles in this shot.

Nor how many times I had to remind myself to lift my chin up...
I would love to share the name of the pattern with you but umm, it is lost in the mists of time and I'm not sure I even said I was making it on Ravelry (just checked, nope, I haven't), which is really somewhat of a fail.  I do know it didn't take long to knit - it is seamless which I very much approve of.  I can do a very nice job of sewing seams on my knits but I prefer not do.  However, if I get off my butt and do some seaming, I will have a nice little feather and fan cardigan to wear (assuming I do the seaming and also can find the rest of the yarn to knit the neckband).  I have been horribly bad at putting projects on Ravelry in the last nine months or so.  I'm not sure why.  It is an excellent way of keeping track of all the things I've knitted, and would be an excellent way of keeping track of all my yarn, if I bothered putting it in....

No further comment needed....

I need to sew down the binding on my most recent quilt and wash it, then it will be finished.  Hooray!  And I guess some people would like to see it.

Last week, DH got a most exciting delivery: 

The delivery is the thing just above the word thing...

We spent a bit of time since then building some very serviceable, if not exactly pretty, furniture around it.  One of the guys at the local lumber yard (like 50m away local) runs away when he sees me now.  The bench has been upholstered, being lightly cushioned with a sleeping mat, felt and a stunning shade of silver vinyl (which stinks quite a lot).  This is DH's organ practice set up.  All he's ever wanted is a big organ....  ;-)

I also got a microwave.  I don't really have the benchspace for it but OMG, how I do love thee o! microwave!  I need to write thee an ode.  No more having to defrost stuff in the sink (LOL!  I did so tonight though!  That needs a ROFL!  Old habits die hard!).  No more having to heat my lunch on the stove and have Yet Another Pot to Wash... Fantastic!  I haven't had a microwave since I left Melbourne and I do find the things handy.

Since the big G has failed to upload my stunning low light pictures of salmon in the fish ladder, I shall leave you hanging, waiting for these remarkable shots and say

anon!

Comments

  1. I know, where did the first half of the year go?? We're having a proper Winter, -4 overnight and then 12 with frost and fog and then sun. I hope it warms up enough for the sunscreen Every man would like an organ that big!!
    Nice top, really nice and a bonus that there is no seaming!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I enjoy getting comments but if I don't have your email address, I may not be able to reply 8-\

Popular posts from this blog

Your monthly blog post

Competition time!

Seattle Six